- (n.) Meal (esp. Indian meal) boiled in water; hasty pudding; supawn.
- (v. t.) To notch, cut, or indent, as cloth, with a stamp.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: HUMS
- Be noisy with activity; "This office is buzzing with activity"
- A humming noise; "the hum of distant traffic"
- Sing with closed lips; "She hummed a melody"
- An Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan that fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s; now operates as a terrorist organization primarily in Kashmir and seeks Kashmir's accession by Pakistan
- Make a low continuous sound; "The refrigerator is humming"
- The state of being or appearing to be actively engaged in an activity; "they manifested all the busyness of a pack of beavers"; "there is a constant hum of military preparation"
- Sound with a monotonous hum