- (v.) Sorrow for the misery of another; pity; tenderness.
- (v.) That which causes pity or compassion; misery; distress; a pitiful sight.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: HURT
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hurt
- (n.) A band on a trip-hammer helve, bearing the trunnions.
- (n.) A husk. See Husk, 2.
- (v. t.) To cause physical pain to; to do bodily harm to; to wound or bruise painfully.
- (v. t.) To impar the value, usefulness, beauty, or pleasure of; to damage; to injure; to harm.
- (v. t.) To wound the feelings of; to cause mental pain to; to offend in honor or self-respect; to annoy; to grieve.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (prep., adv. & a.) Through.