Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HUTCH
- (n.) A chest, box, coffer, bin, coop, or the like, in which things may be stored, or animals kept; as, a grain hutch; a rabbit hutch.
- (n.) A measure of two Winchester bushels.
- (n.) The case of a flour bolt.
- (n.) A car on low wheels, in which coal is drawn in the mine and hoisted out of the pit.
- (n.) A jig for washing ore.
- (v. t.) To hoard or lay up, in a chest.
- (v. t.) To wash (ore) in a box or jig.
- (v. t. & i.) To place in huts; to live in huts; as, to hut troops in winter quarters.