- (a.) Calculated to arrest attention; ostentatiously fashionable; showy.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: HYADS
- (n.pl.) A cluster of five stars in the face of the constellation Taurus, supposed by the ancients to indicate the coming of rainy weather when they rose with the sun.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Abounding in shade or shades; overspread with shade; causing shade.
- (superl.) Sheltered from the glare of light or sultry heat.
- (superl.) Of or pertaining to shade or darkness; hence, unfit to be seen or known; equivocal; dubious or corrupt.