- (n.) One who, or that which, bites; that which bites often, or is inclined to bite, as a dog or fish.
- (n.) One who cheats; a sharper.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: IBERT
- French composer (1890-1962)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) Alt. of Bright
- A river of central Italy; flows through Rome to the Tyrrhenian Sea
- (n.) A family, race, or series of generations, descending from the same progenitor, and kept distinct, as in the case of the twelve tribes of Israel, descended from the twelve sons of Jacob.
- (n.) A number of species or genera having certain structural characteristics in common; as, a tribe of plants; a tribe of animals.
- (n.) A nation of savages or uncivilized people; a body of rude people united under one leader or government; as, the tribes of the Six Nations; the Seneca tribe.
- (n.) A division, class, or distinct portion of a people, from whatever cause that distinction may have originated; as, the city of Athens was divided into ten tribes.
- (n.) A family of animals descended from some particular female progenitor, through the female line; as, the Duchess tribe of shorthorns.
- (v. t.) To distribute into tribes or classes.