- (n.) A series of links or rings, usually of metal, connected, or fitted into one another, used for various purposes, as of support, of restraint, of ornament, of the exertion and transmission of mechanical power, etc.
- (n.) That which confines, fetters, or secures, as a chain; a bond; as, the chains of habit.
- (n.) A series of things linked together; or a series of things connected and following each other in succession; as, a chain of mountains; a chain of events or ideas.
- (n.) An instrument which consists of links and is used in measuring land.
- (n.) Iron links bolted to the side of a vessel to bold the dead-eyes connected with the shrouds; also, the channels.
- (n.) The warp threads of a web.
- (v. t.) To fasten, bind, or connect with a chain; to fasten or bind securely, as with a chain; as, to chain a bulldog.
- (v. t.) To keep in slavery; to enslave.
- (v. t.) To unite closely and strongly.
- (v. t.) To measure with the chain.
- (v. t.) To protect by drawing a chain across, as a harbor.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: ICAHN
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Chios, an island in the Aegean Sea.
- (n.) A country in Eastern Asia.
- (n.) China ware, which is the modern popular term for porcelain. See Porcelain.