Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ICE
- (n.) Water or other fluid frozen or reduced to the solid state by cold; frozen water. It is a white or transparent colorless substance, crystalline, brittle, and viscoidal. Its specific gravity (0.92, that of water at 4¡ C. being 1.0) being less than that of water, ice floats.
- (n.) Concreted sugar.
- (n.) Water, cream, custard, etc., sweetened, flavored, and artificially frozen.
- (n.) Any substance having the appearance of ice; as, camphor ice.
- (v. t.) To cover with ice; to convert into ice, or into something resembling ice.
- (v. t.) To cover with icing, or frosting made of sugar and milk or white of egg; to frost, as cakes, tarts, etc.
- (v. t.) To chill or cool, as with ice; to freeze.