- (pl.) of Dice
- (v. i.) To pass from an animate to a lifeless state; to cease to live; to suffer a total and irreparable loss of action of the vital functions; to become dead; to expire; to perish; -- said of animals and vegetables; often with of, by, with, from, and rarely for, before the cause or occasion of death; as, to die of disease or hardships; to die by fire or the sword; to die with horror at the thought.
- (v. i.) To suffer death; to lose life.
- (v. i.) To perish in any manner; to cease; to become lost or extinct; to be extinguished.
- (v. i.) To sink; to faint; to pine; to languish, with weakness, discouragement, love, etc.
- (v. i.) To become indifferent; to cease to be subject; as, to die to pleasure or to sin.
- (v. i.) To recede and grow fainter; to become imperceptible; to vanish; -- often with out or away.
- (v. i.) To disappear gradually in another surface, as where moldings are lost in a sloped or curved face.
- (v. i.) To become vapid, flat, or spiritless, as liquor.
- (n.) A small cube, marked on its faces with spots from one to six, and used in playing games by being shaken in a box and thrown from it. See Dice.
- (n.) Any small cubical or square body.
- (n.) That which is, or might be, determined, by a throw of the die; hazard; chance.
- (n.) That part of a pedestal included between base and cornice; the dado.
- (n.) A metal or plate (often one of a pair) so cut or shaped as to give a certain desired form to, or impress any desired device on, an object or surface, by pressure or by a blow; used in forging metals, coining, striking up sheet metal, etc.
- (n.) A perforated block, commonly of hardened steel used in connection with a punch, for punching holes, as through plates, or blanks from plates, or for forming cups or capsules, as from sheet metal, by drawing.
- (n.) A hollow internally threaded screw-cutting tool, made in one piece or composed of several parts, for forming screw threads on bolts, etc.; one of the separate parts which make up such a tool.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: IDE
- (n.) Same as Id.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- An explosive device that is improvised