Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ILL
- i' ll
- Contraction for I will or I shall.
- (a.) Contrary to good, in a physical sense; contrary or opposed to advantage, happiness, etc.; bad; evil; unfortunate; disagreeable; unfavorable.
- (a.) Contrary to good, in a moral sense; evil; wicked; wrong; iniquitious; naughtly; bad; improper.
- (a.) Sick; indisposed; unwell; diseased; disordered; as, ill of a fever.
- (a.) Not according with rule, fitness, or propriety; incorrect; rude; unpolished; inelegant.
- (adv.) In a ill manner; badly; weakly.
- (n.) Whatever annoys or impairs happiness, or prevents success; evil of any kind; misfortune; calamity; disease; pain; as, the ills of humanity.
- (n.) Whatever is contrary to good, in a moral sense; wickedness; depravity; iniquity; wrong; evil.