Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: IMP
- (n.) A shoot; a scion; a bud; a slip; a graft.
- (n.) An offspring; progeny; child; scion.
- (n.) A young or inferior devil; a little, malignant spirit; a puny demon; a contemptible evil worker.
- (n.) Something added to, or united with, another, to lengthen it out or repair it, -- as, an addition to a beehive; a feather inserted in a broken wing of a bird; a length of twisted hair in a fishing line.
- (n.) To graft; to insert as a scion.
- (n.) To graft with new feathers, as a wing; to splice a broken feather. Hence, Fig.: To repair; to extend; to increase; to strengthen to equip.