- (n.) One who fines or purifies.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: INFER
- (v. t.) To bring on; to induce; to occasion.
- (v. t.) To offer, as violence.
- (v. t.) To bring forward, or employ as an argument; to adduce; to allege; to offer.
- (v. t.) To derive by deduction or by induction; to conclude or surmise from facts or premises; to accept or derive, as a consequence, conclusion, or probability; to imply; as, I inferred his determination from his silence.
- (v. t.) To show; to manifest; to prove.