- Accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate"
- Part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
- Leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily; "She vacated the position when she got pregnant"; "The chairman resigned when he was found to have misappropriated funds"
- Give up or retire from a position; "The Secretary of the Navy will leave office next month"; "The chairman resigned over the financial scandal"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: INGRESS
- (n.) The act of entering; entrance; as, the ingress of air into the lungs.
- (n.) Power or liberty of entrance or access; means of entering; as, all ingress was prohibited.
- (n.) The entrance of the moon into the shadow of the earth in eclipses, the sun's entrance into a sign, etc.
- (v. i.) To go in; to enter.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Someone who signs and is bound by a document
- Someone who can use sign language to communicate
- A person who sings
- United States writer (born in Poland) of Yiddish stories and novels (1904-1991)
- United States inventor of an improved chain-stitch sewing machine (1811-1875)