- (n.) A servant; a subordinate; an officer or assistant of inferior rank; hence, an agent, an instrument.
- (n.) An officer of justice.
- (n.) One to whom the sovereign or executive head of a government intrusts the management of affairs of state, or some department of such affairs.
- (n.) A representative of a government, sent to the court, or seat of government, of a foreign nation to transact diplomatic business.
- (n.) One who serves at the altar; one who performs sacerdotal duties; the pastor of a church duly authorized or licensed to preach the gospel and administer the sacraments.
- (n.) To furnish or apply; to afford; to supply; to administer.
- (v. i.) To act as a servant, attendant, or agent; to attend and serve; to perform service in any office, sacred or secular.
- (v. i.) To supply or to things needful; esp., to supply consolation or remedies.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.