- Possessing qualities befitting a man
- Characteristic of a man; "a deep male voice"; "manly sports"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v.) A small line composed of two strands a little twisted, used for winding around ropes and cables, to prevent their being weakened by fretting.
- (v. t.) To wind marline around; as, to marline a rope.
- (v. i.) An inorganic species or substance occurring in nature, having a definite chemical composition and usually a distinct crystalline form. Rocks, except certain glassy igneous forms, are either simple minerals or aggregates of minerals.
- (v. i.) A mine.
- (v. i.) Anything which is neither animal nor vegetable, as in the most general classification of things into three kingdoms (animal, vegetable, and mineral).
- (a.) Of or pertaining to minerals; consisting of a mineral or of minerals; as, a mineral substance.
- (a.) Impregnated with minerals; as, mineral waters.
- (n.) A line used to get a straight middle line, as on a spar, or from stem to stern in building a vessel.