- A contraction of is not.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: INST
- In or of the present month; "your letter of the 10th inst"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Egg or young of an insect parasitic on mammals especially a sucking louse; often attached to a hair or item of clothing
- A luminance unit equal to 1 candle per square meter measured perpendicular to the rays from the source
- A state of agitated irritation; "he was in a snit"
- Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
- Prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
- Metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
- Preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- A vessel (box, can, pan, etc.) made of tinplate and used mainly in baking
- Plate with tin
- A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide