- (a.) Destitute of the power of moving itself, or of active resistance to motion; as, matter is inert.
- (a.) Indisposed to move or act; very slow to act; sluggish; dull; inactive; indolent; lifeless.
- (a.) Not having or manifesting active properties; not affecting other substances when brought in contact with them; powerless for an expected or desired effect.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: INTER
- (v. t.) To deposit and cover in the earth; to bury; to inhume; as, to inter a dead body.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Alt. of Nitre
- (n.) A white crystalline semitransparent salt; potassium nitrate; saltpeter. See Saltpeter.
- (n.) Native sodium carbonate; natron.
- (n.) See Niter.
- (n.) A small yellow singing bird, with an ash-colored head; the European siskin. Called also tarin.
- (a.) Threefold; triple; as, trine dimensions, or length, breadth, and thickness.
- (n.) The aspect of planets distant from each other 120 degrees, or one third of the zodiac; trigon.
- (n.) A triad; trinity.
- (v. t.) To put in the aspect of a trine.