- (n.) Manly strength or courage; bravery; daring; spirit; valor.
- (n.) Active quality or power; capacity or power adequate to the production of a given effect; energy; strength; potency; efficacy; as, the virtue of a medicine.
- (n.) Energy or influence operating without contact of the material or sensible substance.
- (n.) Excellence; value; merit; meritoriousness; worth.
- (n.) Specifically, moral excellence; integrity of character; purity of soul; performance of duty.
- (n.) A particular moral excellence; as, the virtue of temperance, of charity, etc.
- (n.) Specifically: Chastity; purity; especially, the chastity of women; virginity.
- (n.) One of the orders of the celestial hierarchy.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.