Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: IRIS
- (n.) The goddess of the rainbow, and swift-footed messenger of the gods.
- (n.) The rainbow.
- (n.) An appearance resembling the rainbow; a prismatic play of colors.
- (n.) The contractile membrane perforated by the pupil, and forming the colored portion of the eye. See Eye.
- (n.) A genus of plants having showy flowers and bulbous or tuberous roots, of which the flower-de-luce (fleur-de-lis), orris, and other species of flag are examples. See Illust. of Flower-de-luce.
- (n.) See Fleur-de-lis, 2.