Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: IRONS
- Metal shackles; for hands or legs
- Press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"
- Home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth
- A golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head
- Implement used to brand live stock
- A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The hard, amber-colored resin left after distilling off the volatile oil of turpentine; colophony.
- (v. t.) To rub with rosin, as musicians rub the bow of a violin.