- (n.) Lack of ease; uneasiness; trouble; vexation; disquiet.
- (n.) An alteration in the state of the body or of some of its organs, interrupting or disturbing the performance of the vital functions, and causing or threatening pain and weakness; malady; affection; illness; sickness; disorder; -- applied figuratively to the mind, to the moral character and habits, to institutions, the state, etc.
- (v. t.) To deprive of ease; to disquiet; to trouble; to distress.
- (v. t.) To derange the vital functions of; to afflict with disease or sickness; to disorder; -- used almost exclusively in the participle diseased.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The land bordering on, or adjacent to, the sea; the seashore. Also used adjectively.