Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ISLE
- (n.) See Aisle.
- (n.) An island.
- (n.) A spot within another of a different color, as upon the wings of some insects.
- (v. t.) To cause to become an island, or like an island; to surround or encompass; to island.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes
- Originate (in);
- Be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position
- Have a place in relation to something else;
- Be and remain in a particular state or condition
- A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth
- Position or manner in which something is situated
- Norwegian diplomat who was the first Secretary General of the United Nations (1896-1968)
- Be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position;
- (v. t.) To strain, as fresh milk.
- (v. i.) To drop; to flow; to fall.
- (n.) A sieve with fine meshes.
- (n.) Filth; sediment.
- (n.) A young or small herring.