- (n.) The embryo or the growing bud of a plant; a shoot; a sprout; as, the chits of Indian corn or of potatoes.
- (n.) A child or babe; as, a forward chit; also, a young, small, or insignificant person or animal.
- (n.) An excrescence on the body, as a wart.
- (n.) A small tool used in cleaving laths.
- (v. i.) To shoot out; to sprout.
- (3d sing.) Chideth.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ITCH
- (n.) An eruption of small, isolated, acuminated vesicles, produced by the entrance of a parasitic mite (the Sarcoptes scabei), and attended with itching. It is transmissible by contact.
- (n.) Any itching eruption.
- (n.) A sensation in the skin occasioned (or resembling that occasioned) by the itch eruption; -- called also scabies, psora, etc.
- (n.) A constant irritating desire.
- (v. i.) To have an uneasy sensation in the skin, which inclines the person to scratch the part affected.
- (v. i.) To have a constant desire or teasing uneasiness; to long for; as, itching ears.