Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: JAWS
- The part of the skull of a vertebrate that frames the mouth and holds the teeth
- Talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
- The bones of the skull that frame the mouth and serve to open it; the bones that hold the teeth
- Chew (food); to bite and grind with the teeth; "He jawed his bubble gum"; "Chew your food and don't swallow it!"; "The cows were masticating the grass"
- Censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
- Holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object
- Talk incessantly and tiresomely