Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: JETTY
- (a.) Made of jet, or like jet in color.
- (n.) A part of a building that jets or projects beyond the rest, and overhangs the wall below.
- (n.) A wharf or pier extending from the shore.
- (n.) A structure of wood or stone extended into the sea to influence the current or tide, or to protect a harbor; a mole; as, the Eads system of jetties at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- (v. i.) To jut out; to project.