Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: JOBS
- The principal activity in your life that you do to earn money; "he's not in my line of business"
- The responsibility to do something; "it is their job to print the truth"
- A specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee; "estimates of the city's loss on that job ranged as high as a million dollars"; "the job of repairing the engine took several hours"; "the endless task of classifying the samples"; "the farmer's morning chores"
- A crime (especially a robbery); "the gang pulled off a bank job in St. Louis"
- A workplace; as in the expression "on the job";
- Invest at a risk; "I bought this house not because I want to live in it but to sell it later at a good price, so I am speculating"
- An object worked on; a result produced by working; "he held the job in his left hand and worked on it with his right"
- Work occasionally; "As a student I jobbed during the semester breaks"
- Arranged for con