Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: JOIN
- (n.) The line joining two points; the point common to two intersecting lines.
- (v. i.) To be contiguous, close, or in contact; to come together; to unite; to mingle; to form a union; as, the hones of the skull join; two rivers join.
- (v. t.) To bring together, literally or figuratively; to place in contact; to connect; to couple; to unite; to combine; to associate; to add; to append.
- (v. t.) To associate one's self to; to be or become connected with; to league one's self with; to unite with; as, to join a party; to join the church.
- (v. t.) To unite in marriage.
- (v. t.) To enjoin upon; to command.
- (v. t.) To accept, or engage in, as a contest; as, to join encounter, battle, issue.