- (a.) Greater in number, quantity, or extent; as, the major part of the assembly; the major part of the revenue; the major part of the territory.
- (a.) Of greater dignity; more important.
- (a.) Of full legal age.
- (a.) Greater by a semitone, either in interval or in difference of pitch from another tone.
- (a.) An officer next in rank above a captain and next below a lieutenant colonel; the lowest field officer.
- (a.) A person of full age.
- (a.) That premise which contains the major term. It its the first proposition of a regular syllogism; as: No unholy person is qualified for happiness in heaven [the major]. Every man in his natural state is unholy [minor]. Therefore, no man in his natural state is qualified for happiness in heaven [conclusion or inference].
- (a.) A mayor.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: JORAM
- (n.) See Jorum.