Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: JOY
- (n.) The passion or emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good; pleasurable feelings or emotions caused by success, good fortune, and the like, or by a rational prospect of possessing what we love or desire; gladness; exhilaration of spirits; delight.
- (n.) That which causes joy or happiness.
- (n.) The sign or exhibition of joy; gayety; mirth; merriment; festivity.
- (n.) To rejoice; to be glad; to delight; to exult.
- (v. t.) To give joy to; to congratulate.
- (v. t.) To gladden; to make joyful; to exhilarate.
- (v. t.) To enjoy.