Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: JUG
- (n.) A vessel, usually of coarse earthenware, with a swelling belly and narrow mouth, and having a handle on one side.
- (n.) A pitcher; a ewer.
- (n.) A prison; a jail; a lockup.
- (v. i.) To utter a sound resembling this word, as certain birds do, especially the nightingale.
- (v. i.) To nestle or collect together in a covey; -- said of quails and partridges.
- (v. t.) To seethe or stew, as in a jug or jar placed in boiling water; as, to jug a hare.
- (v. t.) To commit to jail; to imprison.