Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: JUMPS
- Jump down from an elevated point; "the parachutist didn't want to jump"; "every year, hundreds of people jump off the Golden Gate bridge"; "the widow leapt into the funeral pyre"
- Be highly noticeable
- Go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
- Rise in rank or status; "Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
- Increase suddenly and significantly; "Prices jumped overnight"
- The act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground; "he advanced in a series of jumps"; "the jumping was unexpected"
- Pass abruptly from one state or topic to another; "leap into fame"; "jump to a conclusion"; "jump from one thing to another"
- Descent with a parachute; "he had done a lot of parachuting in the army"
- Bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
- A sudden involuntary movement; "he awoke with a start"
- Enter eagerly into; "He jumped into