- (n.) In man, the joint in the middle part of the leg.
- (n.) The joint, or region of the joint, between the thigh and leg.
- (n.) In the horse and allied animals, the carpal joint, corresponding to the wrist in man.
- (n.) A piece of timber or metal formed with an angle somewhat in the shape of the human knee when bent.
- (n.) A bending of the knee, as in respect or courtesy.
- (v. t.) To supplicate by kneeling.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: KEEN
- (n.) A prolonged wail for a deceased person. Cf. Coranach.
- (superl.) Sharp; having a fine edge or point; as, a keen razor, or a razor with a keen edge.
- (superl.) Acute of mind; sharp; penetrating; having or expressing mental acuteness; as, a man of keen understanding; a keen look; keen features.
- (superl.) Bitter; piercing; acrimonious; cutting; stinging; severe; as, keen satire or sarcasm.
- (superl.) Piercing; penetrating; cutting; sharp; -- applied to cold, wind, etc, ; as, a keen wind; the cold is very keen.
- (superl.) Eager; vehement; fierce; as, a keen appetite.
- (v. i.) To wail as a keener does.
- (v. t.) To sharpen; to make cold.