- Throw a glance at; take a brief look at; "She only glanced at the paper"; "I only peeked--I didn't see anything interesting"
- A secret look
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: KEEPS
- Maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger; "May God keep you"
- Hold and prevent from leaving; "The student was kept after school"
- Fail to spoil or rot; "These potatoes keep for a long time"
- Retain possession of; "Can I keep my old stuffed animals?"; "She kept her maiden name after she married"
- Look after; be the keeper of; have charge of; "He keeps the shop when I am gone"
- Maintain for use and service; "I keep a car in the countryside"; "She keeps an apartment in Paris for her shopping trips"
- Have as a supply; "I always keep batteries in the freezer"; "keep food for a week in the pantry"; "She keeps a sixpack and a week's worth of supplies in the refrigerator"
- Store or keep customarily; "Where do you keep your gardening tools?"
- Retain rights to;
- Allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature; "We cannot continue several servants any longer"; "She retains a lawyer"; "T
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i. & t.) To speak.