- Any of several elongate long-snouted freshwater game and food fishes widely distributed in cooler parts of the northern hemisphere
- A broad highway designed for high-speed traffic
- Medieval weapon consisting of a spearhead attached to a long pole or pikestaff; superseded by the bayonet
- A sharp point (as on the end of a spear)
- Highly valued northern freshwater fish with lean flesh
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: KEPIS
- A cap with a flat circular top and a visor
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A sort of very large nail; also, a piece of pointed iron set with points upward or outward.
- (n.) Anything resembling such a nail in shape.
- (n.) An ear of corn or grain.
- (n.) A kind of flower cluster in which sessile flowers are arranged on an unbranched elongated axis.
- (v. t.) To fasten with spikes, or long, large nails; as, to spike down planks.
- (v. t.) To set or furnish with spikes.
- (v. t.) To fix on a spike.
- (v. t.) To stop the vent of (a gun or cannon) by driving a spike nail, or the like into it.
- (n.) Spike lavender. See Lavender.