Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: KERN
- (n.) A light-armed foot soldier of the ancient militia of Ireland and Scotland; -- distinguished from gallowglass, and often used as a term of contempt.
- (n.) Any kind of boor or low-lived person.
- (n.) An idler; a vagabond.
- (n.) A part of the face of a type which projects beyond the body, or shank.
- (n.) A churn.
- (n.) A hand mill. See Quern.
- (v. i.) To harden, as corn in ripening.
- (v. i.) To take the form of kernels; to granulate.
- (v. t.) To form with a kern. See 2d Kern.