- Best known island of the Inner Hebrides
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: KEYS
- Mechanical device used to wind another device that is driven by a spring (as a clock)
- Pitch of the voice; "he spoke in a low key"
- Something crucial for explaining; "the key to development is economic integration"
- Harmonize with or adjust to; "key one's actions to the voters' prevailing attitude"
- A generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access; "a safe-deposit box usually requires two keys to open it"
- Regulate the musical pitch of
- A list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations
- Identify as in botany or biology, for example
- A list of answers to a test; "some students had stolen the key to the final exam"
- Vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key; "His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
- Any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music
- Provide with a ke
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n. & v.) See Sike.