Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: KICKS
- The act of delivering a blow with the foot; "he gave the ball a powerful kick"; "the team's kicking was excellent"
- A rhythmic thrusting movement of the legs as in swimming or calisthenics; "the kick must be synchronized with the arm movements"; "the swimmer's kicking left a wake behind him"
- Express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness; "My mother complains all day"; "She has a lot to kick about"
- The sudden stimulation provided by strong drink (or certain drugs); "a sidecar is a smooth drink but it has a powerful kick"
- Make a goal; "He kicked the extra point after touchdown"
- Informal terms for objecting; "I have a gripe about the service here"
- Stop consuming; "kick a habit"; "give up alcohol"
- The backward jerk of a gun when it is fired
- Strike with the foot; "The boy kicked the dog"; "Kick the door down"
- The swift release of a store of affective force; "they got a great bang out of it