- (a.) Same.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: KIEL
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (superl.) Having the same, or nearly the same, appearance, qualities, or characteristics; resembling; similar to; similar; alike; -- often with in and the particulars of the resemblance; as, they are like each other in features, complexion, and many traits of character.
- (superl.) Equal, or nearly equal; as, fields of like extent.
- (superl.) Having probability; affording probability; probable; likely.
- (superl.) Inclined toward; disposed to; as, to feel like taking a walk.
- (n.) That which is equal or similar to another; the counterpart; an exact resemblance; a copy.
- (n.) A liking; a preference; inclination; -- usually in pl.; as, we all have likes and dislikes.
- (a.) In a manner like that of; in a manner similar to; as, do not act like him.
- (a.) In a like or similar manner.
- (a.) Likely; probably.
- (a.) To suit; to please; to be agreeable to.
- (a.) To be pleased with in a moderate degree; to approve; to take satisfaction in; to enjoy.
- (a.) To liken; to compare.
- (v. i.) To be pleased; to choose.
- (v. i.) To have an appearance or expression; to look; to seem to be (in a specified condition).
- (v. i.) To come near; to avoid with difficulty; to escape narrowly; as, he liked to have been too late. Cf. Had like, under Like, a.