Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: KILL
- (n.) A kiln.
- (n.) A channel or arm of the sea; a river; a stream; as, the channel between Staten Island and Bergen Neck is the Kill van Kull, or the Kills; -- used also in composition; as, Schuylkill, Catskill, etc.
- (v. t.) To deprive of life, animal or vegetable, in any manner or by any means; to render inanimate; to put to death; to slay.
- (v. t.) To destroy; to ruin; as, to kill one's chances; to kill the sale of a book.
- (v. t.) To cause to cease; to quell; to calm; to still; as, in seamen's language, a shower of rain kills the wind.
- (v. t.) To destroy the effect of; to counteract; to neutralize; as, alkali kills acid.