- (n.) A basket. See Skep.
- (n.) A basket on wheels, used in cotton factories.
- (n.) An iron bucket, which slides between guides, for hoisting mineral and rock.
- (n.) A charge of sirup in the pans.
- (n.) A beehive; a skep.
- (v. i.) To leap lightly; to move in leaps and hounds; -- commonly implying a sportive spirit.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To leave matters unnoticed, as in reading, speaking, or writing; to pass by, or overlook, portions of a thing; -- often followed by over.
- (v. t.) To leap lightly over; as, to skip the rope.
- (v. t.) To pass over or by without notice; to omit; to miss; as, to skip a line in reading; to skip a lesson.
- (v. t.) To cause to skip; as, to skip a stone.
- (n.) A light leap or bound.
- (n.) The act of passing over an interval from one thing to another; an omission of a part.
- (n.) A passage from one sound to another by more than a degree at once.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: KIPS
- Be asleep
- A gymnastic exercise performed starting from a position with the legs over the upper body and moving to an erect position by arching the back and swinging the legs out and down while forcing the chest upright
- The basic unit of money in Laos
- Sleep; "roused him from his kip"