- (n.) A tick. See 2d Tick.
- (n.) A dog; a cur.
- (n.) A countryman or clown; a boorish person.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: KITE
- (n.) Any raptorial bird of the subfamily Milvinae, of which many species are known. They have long wings, adapted for soaring, and usually a forked tail.
- (n.) Fig. : One who is rapacious.
- (n.) A light frame of wood or other material covered with paper or cloth, for flying in the air at the end of a string.
- (n.) A lofty sail, carried only when the wind is light.
- (n.) A quadrilateral, one of whose diagonals is an axis of symmetry.
- (n.) Fictitious commercial paper used for raising money or to sustain credit, as a check which represents no deposit in bank, or a bill of exchange not sanctioned by sale of goods; an accommodation check or bill.
- (n.) The brill.
- (n.) The belly.
- (v. i.) To raise money by "kites;" as, kiting transactions. See Kite, 6.