Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: KNOTS
- A sandpiper that breeds in the Arctic and winters in the southern hemisphere
- Any of various fastenings formed by looping and tying a rope (or cord) upon itself or to another rope or to another object
- Soft lump or unevenness in a yarn; either an imperfection or created by design
- Tie or fasten into a knot; "knot the shoelaces"
- A tight cluster of people or things; "a small knot of women listened to his sermon"; "the bird had a knot of feathers forming a crest"
- A unit of length used in navigation; exactly 1,852 meters; historically based on the distance spanned by one minute of arc in latitude
- Tangle or complicate; "a ravelled story"
- Something twisted and tight and swollen; "their muscles stood out in knots"; "the old man's fists were two great gnarls"; "his stomach was in knots"
- Make into knots; make knots out of; "She knotted her fingers"
- A hard cross-grained round piece of wood in a board where a b