- (n.) An intoxicating liquor made from an infusion of malt by fermentation and the addition of a bitter, usually hops.
- (n.) A festival in English country places, so called from the liquor drunk.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Originally, the highest note in the scale of Guido; hence, proverbially, any extravagant saying.
- (n.) A measure of yarn; for linen, 300 yards; for cotton, 120 yards; a lay.
- (n.) A set of warp threads carried by a loop of the heddle.
- (n.) A meadow or sward land; a grassy field.