Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: LAG
- (a.) Coming tardily after or behind; slow; tardy.
- (a.) Last; long-delayed; -- obsolete, except in the phrase lag end.
- (a.) Last made; hence, made of refuse; inferior.
- (n.) One who lags; that which comes in last.
- (n.) The fag-end; the rump; hence, the lowest class.
- (n.) The amount of retardation of anything, as of a valve in a steam engine, in opening or closing.
- (n.) A stave of a cask, drum, etc.; especially (Mach.), one of the narrow boards or staves forming the covering of a cylindrical object, as a boiler, or the cylinder of a carding machine or a steam engine.
- (n.) See Graylag.
- (n.) One transported for a crime.
- (v. i.) To walk or more slowly; to stay or fall behind; to linger or loiter.
- (v. t.) To cause to lag; to slacken.
- (v. t.) To cover, as the cylinder of a steam engine, with lags. See Lag, n., 4.
- (v. t.) To transport for crime.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Alliterative term for girl (or woman)
- United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters
- A unit of gravitational acceleration equal to one centimeter per second per second (named after Galileo)