- Alliterative term for girl (or woman)
- United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters
- A unit of gravitational acceleration equal to one centimeter per second per second (named after Galileo)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LAGS
- The act of slowing down or falling behind
- One of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
- Cover with lagging to prevent heat loss; "lag pipes"
- The time between one event, process, or period and another; "meanwhile the socialists are running the government"
- Throw or pitch at a mark, as with coins
- Hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.
- Lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) The dross, or recrement, of a metal; also, vitrified cinders.
- (v. t.) The scoria of a volcano.