- Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LAIRS
- The habitation of wild animals
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly
- A bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
- Criticize severely; "He fulminated against the Republicans' plan to cut Medicare"; "She railed against the bad social policies"
- Spread negative information about; "The Nazi propaganda vilified the Jews"
- Any of numerous widely distributed small wading birds of the family Rallidae having short wings and very long toes for running on soft mud
- Complain bitterly
- A horizontal bar (usually of wood or metal)
- Fish with a handline over the rails of a boat; "They are railing for fresh fish"
- Short for railway; "he traveled by rail"; "he was concerned with rail safety"
- Lay with rails; "hundreds of miles were railed out here"
- A barrier consisting of a horizontal bar and supports
- Travel by rail or train; "They railed from Rome to Venice"; "She trained to Hamburg"
- Convey (good
- The basic unit of money in Iran
- The basic unit of money in Oman
- The basic unit of money in Yemen; equal to 100 fils