- (n.) The religion of the Mohammedans; Mohammedanism; Islamism. Their formula of faith is: There is no God but Allah, and Mohammed is his prophet.
- (n.) The whole body of Mohammedans, or the countries which they occupy.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: LAISM
- (n.) See Lamaism.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered; "your mail is on the table"; "is there any post for me?"; "she was opening her post"
- (Middle Ages) flexible armor made of interlinked metal rings
- A conveyance that transports the letters and packages that are conveyed by the postal system
- The system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office; "the mail handles billions of items every day"; "he works for the United States mail service"; "in England they call mail `the post'"
- Cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
- The bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service
- Send via the postal service; "I'll mail you the check tomorrow"
- (n.) Same as Salmis.