- (n.) An aromatic plant of the genus Melissa.
- (n.) The resinous and aromatic exudation of certain trees or shrubs.
- (n.) Any fragrant ointment.
- (n.) Anything that heals or that mitigates pain.
- (v. i.) To anoint with balm, or with anything medicinal. Hence: To soothe; to mitigate.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: LAMB
- (n.) The young of the sheep.
- (n.) Any person who is as innocent or gentle as a lamb.
- (n.) A simple, unsophisticated person; in the cant of the Stock Exchange, one who ignorantly speculates and is victimized.
- (v. i.) To bring forth a lamb or lambs, as sheep.