- The property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- Rely on for support; "We can lean on this man"
- Cause to lean or incline; "He leaned his rifle against the wall"
- To incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
- Cause to lean to the side; "Erosion listed the old tree"
- Have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LANES
- A narrow way or road
- A well-defined track or path; for e.g. swimmers or lines of traffic