Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LARD
- (n.) Bacon; the flesh of swine.
- (n.) The fat of swine, esp. the internal fat of the abdomen; also, this fat melted and strained.
- (n.) To stuff with bacon; to dress or enrich with lard; esp., to insert lardons of bacon or pork in the surface of, before roasting; as, to lard poultry.
- (n.) To fatten; to enrich.
- (n.) To smear with lard or fat.
- (n.) To mix or garnish with something, as by way of improvement; to interlard.
- (v. i.) To grow fat.