- (interj.) Hail!
- (v. t.) To say "Salve" to; to greet; to salute.
- (n.) An adhesive composition or substance to be applied to wounds or sores; a healing ointment.
- (n.) A soothing remedy or antidote.
- (n.) To heal by applications or medicaments; to cure by remedial treatment; to apply salve to; as, to salve a wound.
- (n.) To heal; to remedy; to cure; to make good; to soothe, as with an ointment, especially by some device, trick, or quibble; to gloss over.
- (v. t. & i.) To save, as a ship or goods, from the perils of the sea.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: LAVES
- Wash one's face and hands; "She freshened up in the bathroom"
- Cleanse (one's body) with soap and water
- Wash or flow against; "the waves laved the shore"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Slav.
- (n.) A person who is held in bondage to another; one who is wholly subject to the will of another; one who is held as a chattel; one who has no freedom of action, but whose person and services are wholly under the control of another.
- (n.) One who has lost the power of resistance; one who surrenders himself to any power whatever; as, a slave to passion, to lust, to strong drink, to ambition.
- (n.) A drudge; one who labors like a slave.
- (n.) An abject person; a wretch.
- (v. i.) To drudge; to toil; to labor as a slave.
- (v. t.) To enslave.
- A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river
- A ballroom dance in triple time with a strong accent on the first beat